What's new

Template errors

• Template public:message_macros: [E_DEPRECATED] htmlspecialchars(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated (src/addons/apathy/StyleSuite/XF/Template/Templater.php:165)
  • Template public:message_macros: [E_DEPRECATED] htmlspecialchars(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated (src/addons/apathy/StyleSuite/XF/Template/Templater.php:165)
  • Template public:PAGE_CONTAINER: [E_DEPRECATED] Creation of dynamic property SV\StandardLib\XF\Template\Templater::$AF_footer is deprecated (src/addons/AddonFlare/Moods/IDs.php:85)

Member Interviews

Ash

Credits
Not a huge suggestion but it would be cool to have a section for interviewing other members of the community. It's always nice to have it on forums to get to know everyone a little bit better

We'll look into how we can implement this and where on the forum it'd fit the best without it seeming too 'spammy'. :)

Awesome. It would be a good fit under the Introductions forum personally but wherever you put it will be good :D

I second it. I sometimes like to do those.

Yeah, I like this idea :) .

Personally, I don't think you should be worried about it being considered "too spammy". I get that a lot of people value quality over quantity; however, I think it's very easy to take that mentality too far. It's very easy to become too selective about what you post - to the point where you start missing out on things that your members would be interested in. Furthermore, it needs to be understood that some people lead busy lives, and they don't have the time or mental energy for full reviews and other high-quality posts (or they browse mainly on phones, which aren't good for making lengthy posts). If you're not careful, then it's very easy to scare these people off from posting at all.

The danger is, by going too far down the 'quality over quantity' path, you can very easily end up with neither quality nor quantity.

So should this be a sub forum in introductions & farewells? or would there be a better suited forum for it?

So should this be a sub forum in introductions & farewells? or would there be a better suited forum for it?
It's up to you, really. On the one hand, it makes intuitive sense to put it there (since both forums are to do with "getting to know members"). On the other hand, the risk is that the interviews will get lots of traffic, to the point where they start taking all the attention away from the introductions... which would lead to each new member receiving fewer welcomes.

It's quite popular to group them together, but I personally have them separated on my layout. I think there are good arguments to be made either way.

Back