What's new

Template errors

• Template public:message_macros: [E_DEPRECATED] htmlspecialchars(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated (src/addons/apathy/StyleSuite/XF/Template/Templater.php:165)
  • Template public:message_macros: [E_DEPRECATED] htmlspecialchars(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated (src/addons/apathy/StyleSuite/XF/Template/Templater.php:165)
  • Template public:PAGE_CONTAINER: [E_DEPRECATED] Creation of dynamic property SV\StandardLib\XF\Template\Templater::$AF_footer is deprecated (src/addons/AddonFlare/Moods/IDs.php:85)

Will Nintendo need to update the switch to compete with next gen consoles?

Smokey

Founder/C.E.O
Administrator
Credits
Epic Creator Code
SmokeyTest
Do you think Nintendo will need to update the Switch with more powerful hardware to actively compete with the likes of the PS5 and Xbox Series X?

Nintendo found their neich in the gaming world. They basicly have the advantage on hand held to console market. Now they could make it that the Switch 2 plays 3ds/2sd games then they own this market.

Nintendo found their neich in the gaming world. They basicly have the advantage on hand held to console market. Now they could make it that the Switch 2 plays 3ds/2sd games then they own this market.
One thing my brother and me have always wished they would do. Like what they did with the Snes with that GameBoy game so you could play them on the tv.

Honestly I think they're probably fine otherwise.

Ah yes the Super Gameboy, they did something like that for GB/GBC and GBA games on the gamecube. However, I don't see how that'd work with a Switch? Maybe DS/3DS carts somehow?

Ah yes the Super Gameboy, they did something like that for GB/GBC and GBA games on the gamecube. However, I don't see how that'd work with a Switch? Maybe DS/3DS carts somehow?
Only thing I could think of. That or let the DS titles be able to be downloaded on the Switch. *shrugs*

I think after Nintendo tried to compete and failed with powerful consoles such as the GameCube, they decided to go a different route altogether. The handheld market kept them in business after this period which enabled them to get a cheap but fun console in every house hold with the Wii, this then gave them the money for the route they go today (both merged).

I don't class them as being in the competition anymore to be honest. I simply use my Switch for travel, chilled/relaxed gaming and family events. My hardcore gaming or sweat sessions are always on a PS or Xbox.

Going off what RedmondG said, I feel like Nintendo tried to compete and lost. But then they realized they didn't have to compete in the same sense as the other consoles. They have a strong hold on the handheld market. But when it comes to home consoles, they don't seem like they're trying to compete. They have these weird ideas that seem to work for them.
Nintendo doesn't come off as a hardcore console name, but more of a relaxing casual system that every household has just because it's Nintendo and it's affordable.
That being said, I feel like the Switch was a console too many people slept on. I absolutely love my Switch.

I think right now the game developers are adjusting with the specifications of the Switch and Lite. So I think it's not always the devie makers who adjust and often the developers of the game are forced to adjust. I think tablet sized Nintendo device would be good in near future but who knows what they can come up with near future.

I think Nintendo have given up competing with Microsoft and Sony, to be honest. They're doing their own thing now and they're doing well.

Back